Friday 8 July 2011

MBFF is coming!

As a relic of my former life as a fashion student it would be strange ... nay, impossible to not mention the upcoming Mercedes Benz Fashion Festival.
In fact it was three years ago that I first rocked up in my black volunteer's shirt and sidled up to Kristy Hinze for a quick hello, and promptly got grumbled at by organisers and told to get back in the backroom and help stuff grab bags.
Although I saw it as little more then forced volunteerism at the time, required to pass a unit of TAFE, I can now look back at my experience and giggle. I told Rosemary Masic, the designer of Nevenka that she was not allowed in to her own show without a ticket. (Of course I had no idea who she was before she told me, whoops!), scored stacks of free loot after the shows, and got to see almost a dozen shows for free. Amazing.
Dates for the festival this year fall the week after Ekka Wednesday, Saturday 20th through until Friday 26th. I'm really looking forward to Tuesday's shows, the Australian Fashion Graduate of the Year Award Show should be fantastic, I make sure not to miss it each year, to hear some familiar names is a great feeling, and the garments are breathtaking.

Another huge point I want to make is that this is one of the best opportunities to go and check out the Brisbane fashion industry, and to support them! After the Grad show there is an emerging designer show that is also on my list to do. Can't wait!

Tickets are available Here. Snap up the shows you want before they sell out.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget