Wednesday 6 July 2011

Incoming: Kimono style

Keep an eye out for this trend coming to a store near you very soon, it looks great worn with slim fitting trousers and shorts, probably not with skirts, I think they'd just look odd.
Inspiration?
Nicole Richie has been a long time fan of the style, it goes well with her bohemian style.


Here are some for sale:
Band of Gypsies available at ASOS
Winter Kate Available at My-Wardrobe

Make it yourself?
My type of girl! If you wear it undone you could use any kimono pattern, but I'd recommend adjusting the pattern a little. And don't go for brocade fabric(it'll took far too 'I just got back from Japan!', try something in a light to medium floral fabric for this season's look.
Check out the patterns I've found to DIY.
Simplicity
Bryn Gwlad
Burda (Yes it's a dressing gown, but don't they all look vaguely like one?)


If you give it a go comment below and let me see!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget