Saturday 23 July 2011

Bought! Remington Lumasmooth

IPL (intense pulse light) is a hair removal method that work by directing a flash of high powered light at your skin in order to kill the hair follicles. Now they do come back unfortunately for most people, but the more sessions you have, the less likely they are to come back, and even then they do come back lighter and less noticeably. I like it to do it, because the hair doesn't come back for about two months for me, which is great when I can require waxing on a weekly basis in summer.
Another plus is that you can shave whenever you need, which is something you can't do with waxing.
IPL does not come cheap. I was paying $80 a session, just to get my 'bikini area' done, and even then it was a patchy as 5 minute job (with some strange lady squirting lube on your bits). Then I found some of those Cudo-esque vouchers to get it done cheaper, but then the place became so popular that I couldn't book in less them 7 weeks advance! When sessions are supposed to occur every three weeks, that's pretty shit and annoying. So what's a girl to do? Buy her own damn machine and DIY!

 Remington Lumasmooth
So I've had this on layby for a little while as they don't come cheap, but I can't wait to try it out. (It says test to see if you have any adverse reactions.) So tested I have, and so far so good, I may have pale skin, but it's tough as.
So I shaved part of my arm and zapped myself. Even at the highest setting it didn't hurt as much as the salon machine, could be that my arm isn't as sensitive as my sensitives though. So now we wait. I had a fear that the machine wasn't strong enough but then had a giggle at the fact that a few stray hairs I didn't shave and zapped burnt and shriveled up. Of course I don't recommend doing that yourself, it kinda smells lol.
I'm going to give it a go all over my legs and underarms (it's so perfect for underarms) and give a review in about two weeks or so when my hair will hopefully fall out.
Until then if you want to read up on them, Remington Lumasmooth's website is here. I bought mine from Shaver Shop, who do frequent great deals on them.

So hopefully this is good-bye messy at home waxpot, and strange ladies staring at my bits!


Want more like this? Check out the rest of my blog at http://boughtbybirdette.blogspot.com

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget