Friday 22 July 2011

Extending the life of trend items in your wardrobe

Trends are always going to come and go, it's an integral part of what makes fashion what it is. The new, the different, the exciting, the "I must have it!" would cease to exist. But it's a pain in the ass trying to stay ahead of the game. Time consuming and expensive are two words that come to mind. So what can we do about it?

One thing I like to do is when I find a trend I want to buy into, is that I'll buy the most classic version I can find.

Take last summer's clogs -which incidentally fashion magazines told us to wear with socks during winter, brrr!- I found a pair with simple black straps (below, but in black), the only thing that made them fashionable was the fact they were clogs. I wore them with everything and happily clomped all over town in them, but now what? They're on their way out.

They're something different to the norm, and aren't a trend that come around often, so I'm going to pop them into my storage and bring them out in a year or two. Being in a more classic style then in your face trendwhore, they'll come back into my wardrobe more seamlessly. After all, wearing what no one else is makes you more fashionable.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget