Wednesday 13 July 2011

Clear it online

Living in Brisbane, where we have very few fashion designers operating it's a little hard to find real factory outlets. Yes we do have the traditional DFO, and if you're willing to hike down the coast there's Harbour town. But really I find most of the time they're just mass collections of mid range labels trying to cast off extra stock for not much cheaper. In fact, some of them are just like the store you'd find at Westfield. Exactly the same.
Don't get me wrong, they can be great places to go to stock up on basics and classics (Tank tops and crisp white shirts? Check).

I love Alannah Hill. ADORE. I'll admit her clothes are very theatrical and not for everyone, but they suit my kooky ladylike style incredibly. But they are way out of my usual price range. Imagine my excitement when I stumbled upon a little place called Clear it (188 Brunswick Street) while trawling through Fitzroy in Melbourne. Row after row, after row of discounted Alannah Hill. Mostly 50% but you can find some real bargains in there if it's older then last season. Yes there were other brands but this was my focus in my cotton candy wardrobe. The staff can be a little surly though.

So what else do they sell?
A lot of scene sort of stuff, and it is very 'melbourne fashion' centric. What am I saying, of course it's Melbourne centric! All the Designers they sell are based there!
Here's a quick overview of the brands available on line (at this point in time, they have added a few lines since I started shopping there):
Gorman,
Black Friday,
Coo Ca Choo,
Dangerfield,
Princess Highway,
Pulp Kitchen,
Revival,
Jack London.

They also sell fabric, well worth going into the shop for this though, as there's is a massive range of Alannah Hill end-of-rolls, buttons and trimmings.

Even better? The store also has an online store for everyone who can't make it down to Melbourne.(Tip for those who do live in Melbourne, Do not buy anything until you've seen the price of it both online and in store, they can vary widely.)

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. thank you for posting that - I love Alannah Hill too, but I love getting pretty dresses on sale even more!

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or just want to say hi?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget