Friday 15 July 2011

Brisbane Vintage Fashion and Decor Fairs

Last time I went to one of these it was located in Westend and it was epic. Time has just escaped from me and it looks like they've expanded!
Brisbane Vintage Fashion and Decor Fairs are going to have their next event on the 29th and 30th of October, at the Eaglefarm Race Course, (Just a quick walk from the train station) and even if you aren't a buyer it's well worth a look just to see. I love going to these places to get one of a kind items that you just can't find in stores nowadays, 40's suits with their gorgeous shape, 70's suede skirts, and vintage clothing patterns by the barrel load, and at great prices too.
Depending on the stall holder the prices can be awesome or a bit OTT. I have in the past snaffled a vintage Oroton glomesh bag for $20 (still in its box and with a tag stating that it was 70 odd dollars back when it was bought!), numerous dresses that only required a little altering to be worn today (shortening sleeves and hemlines are something even a novice can do), and the patterns, gorgeous Jackie O suits, 70's caftans, and great Vogue designer stuff. Admittedly I haven't touched some of them, but they're great collectibles.
A lot of the stalls are run by vintage clothing stores throughout Brisbane and surrounds, so you can get a feel for their wares and then visit them when the fair isn't on.
I'm really interested in checking out some of the decor as this looks like a new addition to the stalls, Perhaps I'll find something to jazz up my then new house. (Yup, you guessed it, I'm going to be moving house AGAIN in another two months.)
Also another draw card is that everyone is so nice, Very few shops around have such warm and welcoming staff who are dying to tell you about their favourite and latest find, and they really know what they're talking about, they have collected and sold vintage for years and it really shows in their knowledge.
I'd recommend signing up for their mailing list as the markets are kind of sporadic from what I can remember, and it's a good prompt to remind you when they're coming up soon. Until then, I'll find some other events to tell you about!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget