Monday 25 July 2011

Cartoonish eyelashes

I love big eyelashes, it's a look that's easy to master, can be worn everyday and suits everyone. My trick to getting them done is to layer your mascaras and use an eyelash curler.
I'm allergic to most eyelash curlers, the metal that is used in the production of most of them gives me hives, on my eyelids ... euw. My boyf calls it princess syndrome because it means I can't wear cheap jewelry too! The one I do use is the heated eyelash curler made by Ardell.
After you have curled your lashes, then it's time to use your mascara, firstly use a lengthening formula. I use Covergirl Lashblast Length. The effect is subtle, and if you're after a low key look that won't interfere with the rest of your face you can stop here, but that's not why we're here. This step I find works well with those 'tubing' mascaras, and lengthening formulas.
After I've applied that I quickly whip out my purple Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies and coat them again. Make the most of the spoon brush and wrap it against your lashes. Sort of like pressing them back against your eyelid, but being careful not to goop up your lids. Mind you, any good volumising mascara will do well too.

The best way to apply mascara to minimise mess is to lean in toward the mirror and then tilt you head back, like you're looking down on the mirror.
Wiggle the brush all the way from root to tip, this will stop it from looking funny when your lash colour varies from the mascara colour.
It's also good to flick your lashes toward the outer of your eyes to help open them up.

Products used:
Eyelash curler by Ardell.
Covergirl Lash Blast Length

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies.
All products featured in this post are available at your local Priceline.
A massive amount of recommendable mascaras are also available online at Strawberrynet.com I love it because it's such a bargain hunter's dream! go check it out if you haven't been there before.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget