Sunday 24 July 2011

Extend the life of trend items in your wardrobe: 2

Another thing I can add onto this post is something I didn't even clock onto until I was out shopping and thought about the longevity of the maxi skirt I just picked up.
You can extend the life of trend pieces, if you buy pieces that can be altered.
For example, the maxi skirt and dress.
Although it may look like this trend isn't going anywhere, trust me, one day it will, and you may not love it as much as you do now too. So what to do? Either take it to your seamstress, or your sewing machine (buy one, it's seriously a great investment for a fashionista.) and shorten it.
 Hurray for quick photoshopping!
On a maxi skirt, this will work better on a more flared shape skirt then a column based one, If you don't know what skirt lengths suit your legs best, I would recommend either going in to a seamstress for their opinion, or consult the girls who know their stuff, Trinny and Susannah
Once you're ready to go, Just find the suitable length, measure all the way around your skirt, add hem allowance and hem it. It'll take just a couple of hours (if that) on your own,
Next time I do an alteration I'll post it and show you how.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget