Tuesday 10 July 2012

Bought! Bento Lunch kit

So it may come as a surprise to some readers that I am fascinated by Japan. I may not be obsessed like I used to be in my teenage years but I still harbour a real soft spot, Ironic since I've never been, but that's what we have the internet to be thankful for. I can find out so much, see so much, and BUY so much more then I ever could 10 years ago!
Bento is a traditional lunch style in Japan, consisting of compact home made meals. think of it as a Rice based (but not always rice based) lunch box and you're on your way there. You may have seen them in your local sushi store, those gorgeously presented flat meals in trays. Mega healthy normally too.
So playing in with my occasionally kitschy nature I spotted this cute as a button set on eBay and quickly snapped it up. Bright pink of course with a kitty theme, my inner twelve year old is exploding. The cute kitty ears that pop up when the bag is tied? Too good!


I plan on using it to tote around lunches that are good to eat either cold or at room temperature, I bought this from the seller littlejapanmama but as I only just bought it today I can't recommend her just yet. (I'll update!)

5 comments:

  1. Cool bento box! Surely kids will love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thinking of purchasing this bento lunchbox, did you find it useful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've used it a few times now and I'm happy with it. Though I haven't tried putting it in the dishwasher yet, the instructions are all in Japanese but their are stacks of very similar bento boxes on eBay that claim they can be washed in the dishwasher too.
      The size is great for me too, perfect amount for lunch so long as I pack it tightly.
      Was there something specific you wanted to know before you bought it? Tell me and I'll let you know if I know.

      Delete

Have a question or just want to say hi?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget