Sunday 15 July 2012

Hauling! Dotti

So uh, I had a particularly difficult day at work on Friday, where my boss has recently been instructed to lay off some staff... only half of my team. Friday was the day where the individuals found out if they were staying or leaving and it was horrible. Some people did have the incredibly lack of empathy to take it out on me. I have truthfully never cried so many times in one day. Pull myself together to get my job done, only for one cruel word or look to make me fall apart again.
But moving on, this too shall pass etc. etc. That is not the focus of this post, only the occurrence that triggered this haul!
What else did I do to make myself feel better but go shopping?
Now Dotti have been moving on up in my eyes recently, their ranges have been great and full of both staples and great little fashion updaters for a fantastic price. I've been finding that I can't go in there without finding something that I want to make mine. Here's what I picked up yesterday!

Stripe Peplum zip back top 

Peplums are everywhere at the moment, it was like "pop!"  and every store suddenly had them about two months ago, personally I adore them, and I'm surprised they didn't take off about three years ago when a lot of dresses had them. Why did no one think to bring out some in a top style then?? These are great for hiding food babies, my advice if you're unsure is to balance the look out with a pair of skinnies, and wear with a cute upstyle and bright lippy.

Brooklyn Collar Shift 

This dress is amazingly versatile, and certainly something I recommend for everyone else to snap up. Why? the shape is completely classic. A black shell that can be accessorised so many ways. And the absolute kicker? The collar is both reversible and removable. The other side is black velvet, but you know what? The crafty girls out there (or those with crafty mothers, ha!) could easily use the collar as a template to make whatever kind of collar they choose! Highly recommend, like I said, you should buy this dress.
Those who aren't fond of collars could also use it to pair with bold accessories, An arm party of bangles, a statement necklace, Breakfast at Tiffany's Glasses. the list goes on.

Paper Bag Pant

Now, these trousers are something that I can look at and think "These will not look good on me." Wrong, wrong wrong. Never limit yourself just because you don't think it will work, you can find a way to make most things work, trust me. These trousers turned out to be incredibly flattering, Black is slimming for this odd shape, and they are a great canvas for your best shoes. If you see them, try them, and hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Grosgrain Tie Knit Coat

Lastly I bought this gorgeous coat, after realising that I have been through this entire winter without buying myself a new one, I love the rounded collar and the unusual tie up front. the shape is loose which is something I wouldn't normally go for, but it will work great with all my flarey skirts I have and skinnies too. Navy is a great colour to have too and it will go with warm and cool outfit palettes.


Source: Dotti.com.au

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget