Friday 5 August 2011

Typo

Typo has been revolutionary for shopping for me, and my failproof gift store. When I first discovered it's cute and attitude filled shops popping up I was almost shocked to find they have the same parent company as Cotton On. You see, Cotton On used to be great to me but about five years ago I found that the quality of their clothes had dropped dramatically and I was squeezing myself into sizes that should've fit me. No my ass wasn't expanding that much, they had gone the way of Supre and become somewhat of a jersey wasteland.
Back on topic, Typo is filled to the brim with kitchy hipster like stationery and homewares, with new collections coming in on a frequent basis, because of this they have a great sales rack where I like to visit regularly and pick up the cast offs of ranges I love. The canvas' are a great and a cheap way of decorating rental houses, the cards aren't quite for your grandmother but are something you don't feel embarrassed handing to your best friend.
I particularly love the magentic notepads for your fridge, as well as the meal planners and do do lists (or the shit that needs doing' lists, lol) and I have noticed some of the more PC items popping up on the desks of my co workers.
I also have a collection of their coffee mugs, perfectly matchy in the all-the-same-shape-but-completely-different way.
I highly recommend paying them a visit if you're stuck on what to bu a fiend for their birthday as well, for under $20 they have saved my ass numerous times in last minute 'Fuck! The hell do I buy this person??' moments.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget