Saturday 6 August 2011

Incoming: David Jones' Spring 2011 Beauty Catalogue

I love change of seasons, after months and months of looking at the same things, the same styles, it all changes and becomes shiny and new again.
So when the boys handed me my pile of mail today I was very pleased to see the new David Jones' catalogues in the pile. (But I can't help but think, maybe they wouldn't be in such financial distress if they didn't bind their catalogues like a magazine?)
I am totally stoked to see the new Invisible Zinc UV Silk Shield Foundation SPF 30+. (Phew, mouthful much?) Living in Queensland means that wearing sunscreen is a no brainer, unless of course you like the idea of getting chunks of flesh operated out of you, or want to look like a handbag at 30. My advice is to wear everything with sunscreen in it, moisturiser, foundation, if it can come with an SPF, buy it with an SPF, and use it every time you leave the house. Invisible Zinc is an Aussie icon when it comes to great SPF products, if you haven't tried them, give them a go.
 Invisible Zinc UV Silk Shield Foundation SPF 30+

OPI is also coming out with it's next country location themed range of colours, this time they're touring America, I think the 'I Eat Mainely Lobster' colour with look great with a fake tan on my toes this summer.
 OPI nail colour in I Eat Mainely Lobster

Also I love the message that Napoleon Perdis is telling his customers. "Think you can't wear red? Think agan." It's true, if you don't believe you can you just haven't found the right shade yet. I recommend going up to the make up counter and asking them to recommend a shade for you. They'll apply it professionally, and show you how as well. Have the confidence! I can guarantee you will get tonnes more attention then usual! I you want a softer option, try a bright gloss first.
Napoleon Perdis DeVine Goddess Lipstick in Aphrodite

All products are available at David Jones.

EDIT: Oops, totally forgot to mention too! (No, not because it was on the back cover and I missed it, not at all.) David Jones are doing one of their great 'buy any full priced beauty or skincare product, and for another $20, get a bag FULL of beauty samples' deals. I highly recommend picking it up, even if you don't use them yourself the items make great presents as a lot of them are full sized.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget