Monday 15 August 2011

Tip of the day: Easy half moon nails

I'm just discovering nailpolish, normally I can't be bothered at all, but with a little daily TLC they can look really groomed and well presented. But I'm not a fan of excessive nail art, there's just something about it that makes me think 'cheap'
One of the looks I've adored lately is the half moon, it's in a similar vein to a french manicure with the two tone effect. but instead of having white tips, you draw on a semi circle of polish at the base of the nail. Like below.


Probably the most classic way to wear this is with the colours above, red and white. But I think it looks stunning in pastels and brights. Most of the time the base colour is white, but use any constrasting colour, with the ligher of the two as the base colour.
It's damn tricky to apply by yourself, and it can be a little hard to explain what you're after to your manicurist without a picture. My tip? Nail art pens.
Sally Hansen makes a great budget friendly nail art pen in 11 different colours. For longevity and flexibility I'd recommend buying it in either silver or white, but the sky is the limit.

A sample of available colours.

Want more like this? Check out the rest of my blog at http://boughtbybirdette.com 

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget