Tuesday 16 August 2011

Incoming: Dipped hems

I'm sure there's a technical, 'fashion' term for this style, graduated, scooped, mullet, but I don't know it, but I do know I like it.
I bought one of these the other day and I love the look, it's got a cape sort of feel to it, and it's both modest and showy at the same time. It can be found on both tops and skirts coming into season now, and because of the way it swooshes around your legs it's very comfortable to wear in summer.
I think the trick to pulling off this look is to balance it out, if you're wearing it on top, make sure to wear some bottoms that will show off your legs (even if it's just the shape), and vice versa, wearing a skirt teamed with a tank top, and a long necklace to draw the eye along the length of your body will work great too. If you're wearing it as a dress without much shape, belt it.
Here is a gorgeous example by Bardot, very suited to a straight up and down figure, notice the use of the belt too, to balance out proportions.
Layered Frill Dip Dress by Bardot

Also perfect for our summer is this ASOS Dipped hem maxi skirt, perfect for throwing on over a bikini for the beach, or slipping on a sleeveless blouse for catching up with friends over the weekend.

Dipped hem maxi skirt by ASOS.

Damn, I think ASOS is doing this trend too damn well and affordably, check out this embellished crop top, of course only for those who have the abs for it, and I certainly wish I did right now! Right, off to go for a run and then 100 crunches ...

ASOS t-shirt with applique detail

How would you wear this trend? Have you already found your perfect piece?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget