Tuesday 6 September 2011

Man grooming Yay or Nay

An article I recently read over at Bellasugar got me thinking, Man grooming. What a euphemism. I'm really quite glad that we're past that period a few years ago when men by the barrel load took more time to get ready then their more feminine counterparts, but it was nice of them to still get up and make a little bit of effort.
Take my boy, if I want him to look nice, I generally have to dress him myself. Otherwise it's flat hair, comic book character t-shirt and pants if I'm lucky. If I'm not lucky it's shorts, long socks and pull on shoes. Such a dag lol.
I just want a nice balance, where he does his hair and realises that the shorts and socks combo just isn't right. However, I would love to attack his eyebrows with a wax pot one day ...
Another example on the opposite end of the scale is my sister's Italian husband. My sister is frequently late to events because he's spending time making sure he looks like he's spent very little time. However he's imaculately pressed his clothes, blow dried and straightened his thick hair, trimmed his designer stubble and thought very carefully about what he's going to wear. The whole process takes more then a hour from what I can remember.
Just a little bit of effort please men! Not the whole sh-bang. If you are going to do anything, make it look like you haven't, and for the love of god, please put down my straightening iron!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget