Saturday 17 September 2011

Going to get my hair did!

Spring is certainly here up in Brisbane and there can't be any doubt about it, after a shock of rain last Friday we have had nothing but bright blue skies, cool nights and the urge to take off our stockings and bare our legs.
Another thing that normally strikes me at this time of year, is the idea of dying my hair for the new season. I'm normally quite happy to DIY it, because I haven't done anything that drastic before, (except an at home bleach job without toner that we then dyed bright pink ...done correctly I would've set trends but no, it was horrid.)
So I'm off to my trusted Hairdresser today, and she's going to do Balyalage on me. She nicknamed it the 'regrowth dye job' -geez, thanks Lisa!- and advised me to look at some pictures and bring in what I liked, so I've google image searched and the girl that keeps popping up that I like is Lily Aldridge, good hair Lily!

Could also help that she's a model but you know!

I think one of the tricks is to make sure that the roots in the picture are similar to the hair colour you have. Naturally my hair is pretty average thickness and can be considered dark brown and touches the top of my bra cups. hers isn't far off. However her skin colouring is darker so that may affect it. 
I'm seeing that block coloured hair and blunter cuts are what's coming into fashion, but I think it's better to go in baby steps when you're doing something to your hair you're never done before. I could look horrific as a blond! Or it might totally kill my hair and make me wish I'd never even thought about it. When it comes to hair, do what you're comfortable with, and if you want to try something drastic, it can help to try on wigs first to see if you could do it, (when cutting all your hair off to a crop, it helps.) But don't get stuck in a rut, every season or so, take a look at it maybe you've seen something you like on someone else or in a magazine? Perhaps just a few highlights could make all the difference?

Either way, I have a busy weekend ahead, what with baby showers, Circus shows to see, and getting my hair did ... and should really start packing and cleaning as I'm moving on the 26th! Oh well!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget