Tuesday 19 March 2013

The right way to use a Hairpin; Discuss

I came across this Meme the other day and admittedly I had a giggle, but it also made me stop and think, it's a good point, have we been doing this wrong the whole time?
how to use hairpins

I have asked a few of my friends who work in hair and beauty and heard a myriad of opinions. Some of them had the same reaction as me (What is this witchcraft!) While some others had heard of it and tipped me off as to why this method is useful.
Apparently by using the hairpin (hair grips, kirby grips, whatever) with the grooves towards your head makes the pin fit your head better, as well as ensuring a better grip on the hair it's holding.
But why do pins normally curve to fit your head on the straight side? Why do they have pretty things glued to the side that kicks out too?
I tell you what, I am puzzled. It seems that manufacturers believe they should be used one way, but hairdressers and other frequent users of the product have developed new ideas.
So perhaps we look for hairpins that don't curve along the straight side and use them in this new way?

What do you think of this new information? Will you be changing the way you use hair pins from now on?
Follow Bought by Birdette

2 comments:

  1. I recently purchased curved bobby pins that fit your head on the wavy side. I got them home and thought, What the...useless! Now it all makes sense! Maybe that IS the right way!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen them before, Can I ask where you got them from? I'd be really interested in getting some ^_^

      Delete

Have a question or just want to say hi?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget