Saturday 16 March 2013

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighter

Beautiful, glowy complexions are always in fashion. I have done a comparison post on two very effective Illuminating Concealers in the past but I thought I would try something new when my last one ran out, enter L'Oreal Lumi Magqiue Highlighting Pen.
loreal lumi magique highlighter pen
L'Oreal Paris have created the Lumi Magique range (also including a Primer and foundation collection) to help give tired and fatigued complexions a nice bit of pep to look alive and awake, and really, who wouldn't want this? Even the best of us are often tired! By using something called 'liquid light technology' and the lovely and soft brush applicator you have a very potent weapon to bring some alert to your look.

Loreal Lumi Magique Highlighter swatches medium
Lumi Magique Pen Swatches in Medium

The product itself does a fantastic job of concealing in a highlighting manner. Great to use for concealing under eye bags and for application around the nose and above the cupids bow to add a three dimensional effect to your complexion, and battle any shadows on your face. The formula is creamy and dries with enough time to blend properly, with the ability to layer for those really pesky blemishes..
The pen like packaging is sleek and perfect for taking on the god, taking up very little room in your makeup case, ideal for touch ups through the day and tiny enough for any overnight bag.
While using Lumi Magique I found only one real negative, the amount of clicks to get enough product to use varies greatly from use to use, and I'd find myself getting frustrated too easily and ending up with too much product. Despite this, I felt the brush really was beautifully soft and ideal for applying the product (with some patting with my ring finger afterwards to blend).
One thing I did find interesting as well was that I ended up buying the medium shade, finding it suited my light complexion more then the light shade did, so make sure you do some testing in sunlight before you buy.

Have you tried any of the Lumi Magique range? Tell me what you thought in the comments!



Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget