Wednesday 20 February 2013

Pure Pink Red Perfection - Maybelline Coral Crush

We're certainly onto a lip theme this week! not a bad thing in my view at all.
So I may have cheated a little on my Thrift Challenge (actually, I did quite badly for a little while there, but that's another story). But I really think it was worth it.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in Coral Crush is a lip colour that I've been dying to get my hands on. Week after week it was out of stock wherever I looked, I even went so far as to buy it from eBay, but when it arrived it was the complete wrong colour, (right tube, right name, wrong colour, WTF??) So when I spotted one lonely tube of it in a Priceline I don't normally venture into, of course I pounced on it.

Coral Crush is about as pink as you can get and still be able to call it coral, due to the low saturation of red it is quite a young shade with plenty of pop. It looked stunning on my light skin with dark features complexion. I don't think it'd work quite as well on a blonde, a little too barbie.
Also worth noting is that it takes a few coats to get a strong colour. One layer is rather sheer, so if you don't want such a punchy shade it's still quite workable. I really like that it's a versatile shade of pink, it sits on the fence for a lot of things, not a lolly shade, not a Nanna shade, not a nude shade etc etc.
If pinks are your shade of lip colour, or one that you're thinking of adding to your lipstick wardrobe, I'd certainly recommend giving this one a try.


Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget