Sunday 8 September 2013

Link Love: Craft Suppliers

I've recently rediscovered my love of creating, and it's finding its way into almost everything I do at home! I feel much better watching TV if I'm keeping my hands busy crocheting or cutting up fabric to patchwork at the same time! Here are some places that I like to buy my fabric and gear from, I hope you like them too.

Super Buzzy: Yeah yeah, patchwork and quilting is something that your grandmother tried to teach you and you thought was daggy as right_ Well I can tell you right now this isn't your granny's sewing shop. Super Buzzy stocks an amazing array of incredibly cute Japanese inspired fabric and notions, Kawaii sushi with little faces, too cute woodland animals, and nursery stories just to name a few, but you will also find other crafty goods for crochet, knitting, felting and more. The postage can be pricey but the product is just too cute and hard to find!

Hawthorne Threads: A huge range of quality quilting fabric brands at great prices, stock is regularly updated with new brands at reasonable prices for both product and postage, this site is a great place to start for up market brands with a nod to trends. A great staple site, make sure you sign up for the newsletters as they are full of inspiration, competitions and what's new in store.

Hancocks of Paducah: Quite simply the best site if you're after a bargain, with prices on fabric starting from under $5 per yard you're bound to find something to your tastes. While the variety isn't as hip and cool as the two previously mentioned sites, it is a great place to visit for basics and the occasional gem, I often rack up sales of a few hundred dollars!


3 comments:

  1. Hey sweets, do you know where to get chunky diamanté and studs? Xoxo, mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely, While I'm not too sure who to source them through anymore, I remember my TAFE teachers telling me that Doree Alterations (Shop 8b, Tattersalls Arcade, 215 Queen Street Mall, Brisbane QLD 4000) would put studs on one of the garments I designed for me. Mind you I never went through with making the garment so I never got in touch with them ... I do think that they would be able to refer you on to a good supplier though?

      Delete
  2. Gotta check the stores you mentioned, well I often get my crafting supplies from http://www.calicolaine.co.uk which is a really great site for such stuffs specially if you are looking for high quality fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Have a question or just want to say hi?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget