Tuesday 3 January 2012

Bought! Stornas Table by Ikea



Yes, I have been bitten by the Ikea nesting bug much to my Fight Club loving boyfriend's disappointment. But at least I now have a solid timber dining table that I have wanted for months! The kitties approve of it too. I'm currently typing with Mischa curled up on a bundle of fabric next to me and since it has been assembled I can frequently find either one or the other sleeping atop it.

Sleepy Cat is Sleepy.

What drew me to this table was the idea that it is extendible, the smaller length fits nicely against the vast empty wall in my kitchen, but when I have more then one couple over I could fit 6+ people at it, (The + is more for high-chairs, I don't think I could really get more then six adults here). The solid pine wood is heavy and durable, a veneer just wouldn't cut it, with this finish I can strip it, paint it, stain it, whatever my heart desires over the years, and you wont get that nasty peel back that you get with veneers after some mishandling.
Being from Ikea, I had little luck finding a second hand table from markets, eBay and stores that suited my budget and tastes. With four matching Kaustby chairs the total came to still under $500.

2 comments:

  1. Cute table and cat! I just bought a Stornas table too (in black/brown finish). Do you know if coasters are needed for these tables? Have you had any trouble with water stains?

    Thanks,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jo,
      Thanks for writing. While I haven't had any issues with watermarks yet, I have been using coasters just in case, better to be then then sorry!

      Delete

Have a question or just want to say hi?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget