Saturday 7 January 2012

Product Review: Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday



I'm not afraid to admit that advertising helps me decide, a few years ago I even wore that statement on a t-shirt! I love the colour of this lipstick in the advertisements, to the point where I had to pick myself up a tube and give it a whirl. I'm not regretful at all!
I have to admit that I was expecting a different formula though, Max Factor describes the lipstick and I quote: "The Elixir formula contains a 60% blend of skin emollients, conditioners and antioxidants including vitamin E, for a visible transformation in the look and feel of your lips in just 7-days. As you apply the Colour Elixir Lipstick, it actively moisturises and smoothes lips."
I found that despite that claim, it was really matte. Perhaps I wasn't loading the colour on as much as they'd like, but I don't like smearing it everywhere. I also didn't really find it especially moisturising. Don't get me wrong, it didn't feel dry, and it was quite comfortable, but it didn't feel like it was conditioning my lips as much as the claims made me expect it to.
One thing I did really like was the staying power, I ate, I drank, I barely needed a touch up! Even when I went to gym at the end of the day and took it off with my make up remover, it took some real work to get it all off.
The colour is a nice pink shade of red that matches my NC20/NW20 skin tone. I also found it brings out the Balayage in my hair.

Swatch on forearm in cloudy, natural light

Poor lighting, I know.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget