Sunday 6 November 2011

Tip of the Day: How to remove fake tan from your hands!

This is a dilemma at least once for every girl who fakes it (her tan of course!) How to get rid of any pesky and tell tail fake tan stains on the palms of your hands? or anywhere else for that matter? I stumbled across this solution by accident when I was younger and I had a knack for self tanning by myself and did it religiously. One time I forgot to shave my legs beforehand, and I thought I'd be good and use some depilatory cream (you know, the stuff that kind of smells funny but gets rids of hair for twice as long as shaving?) Well. that was stupid, it took off all my fake tan with it too! All that carefully applied perfection, gone. But it did give me an idea ....
So nowadays whenever I get fake tan on my palms, or want a foolproof way of cleaning it off once it's gone all blotchy (only on some parts of my body, like legs and arms and places I don't mind removing hair from as well). I put on the cream as a last ditch effort.
The reason why it should be a last resort is because a lot of depilatory creams advise you not to use it on places like your face, hands and genitals (lol). They use a kind of acid that breaks down the hair, and most of the time the top layer of your skin (good for exfoliation!) So if you do use it on your hands, only put it on for a minute or so, and DO NOT use it on your face in case you either have a reaction as the skin on your face is much more sensitive, or lose your eyebrows!
The other thing about it, is that it does leave a strong line where it has been. That is another good reason to go a minute at a time, so you can sort of blend it but doing a smaller patch the second time.
Also, please please please, do a patch test before using any kind of depilatory cream because your hands, though hardy on the palms, are not somewhere you want a rash! Try leaving a little bit on the back of your arm, just near your elbow for the recommended time to see if there will be any problems.
Products I like? I have been loving the hydro restore range by Veet, as it comes in a big pump bottle that lasts ages and moisturisers your skin as it goes. Grab the sensitive type if you're worried about how you will react.
Veet Hair Removal Cream Pump

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget