Sunday 27 November 2011

Christmas gift ideas: Make-up Addict

I'm a fond believer that when you buy someone a gift, it shouldn't be something they need so to speak, but something they want, or something they would never buy for themselves.

Under $30:
Case in point, I can't often justify buying MAC products when I know that a lot of cheaper products do the same job just as well (don't shoot me ladies, there are a lot of things MAC does better then anyone, colour variety in foundation for one?) But I do like to take care of my brushes, so I'd buy this as a special little something for my make up addicted friends to have on their counter so they can keep their brushes in top condition!

Brush cleaner by MAC $20

Under $50:
Had a moment at the baby shower last weekend where we had a game, and whichever group came up with 6 lip-glosses or lipsticks first won. I managed to win for my team in two seconds flat by emptying my handbag onto the floor. I thought everyone carried around multiple options??
Every Christmas a lot of brands bring out beautiful lip gloss kits (that I looooooove to snap up on Boxing day for cheap!) Here are my picks.
Benefit make amazing Lip gloss, its applies well, and doesn't stick your lips together. A set of six to last you forever? Yes please.
Benefit Glossytown $26 (on-line)

Not to be forgotten is Clinique's gorgeous set, SPF  15+, great colours, and a cue little pouch to keep essentials in your purse.
Clinique long last shine Gift set ($49)

Under $100:
If you feel like going all out for your make up fiend, my ultimate would be to buy them the Urban Decay Book of Shadows. Of course, it's a total pain in the ass because there are no stockists (that I know of) in Australia so you're stuck buying it on eBay. However, the response I got from a friend of mine last year when she unwrapped it, wow, her boyfriend was cut as because she squealed over my gift and not his! This year the palette is really wearable with a lot more neutral shades, if you're going to buy it, buy it now because you want to make sure it will ship here in time! It also features a powerful mini speaker keyring, and QR codes that link your phone up to demos on the shadows! High tech stuff ladies...
Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV $64 (USD) Additional speaker and phone not included.

Another option if you don't feel like dealing with online bullshit would be this brush kit by Napoleon Perdis. He makes fantastic brushes an the kits are a great way to buy them, also, note that  maake up fiend can never, ever have enough brushes!
Napoleon Luxe Ultimate brush set ($99)

Napoleon Luxe Basic Brush set ($69)

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget