Saturday 17 March 2012

How to style a Sweater

Bunny Jumper available from ASOS

The big fear I had when I spotted that sweaters were coming into fashion is that I kept wondering, how do I make it look like it isn't completely swamping me? It's easy to dismiss it as a trend only flattering those with the bodies of models, I almost did until I figured out a few styling tips.
The best trick is to wear it with a pencil skirt, yes it will still suit certain better body types more then other but give it a try. This is probably the most 'in' way to wear it this season as well.


To make it work better better and come out more flattering there are other tricks you can try too.
-Though baggier sweaters are what's in, shop around to find a length that flatters you, shorter girls can benefit from finding a longer slimmer style they can wear as a tunic with tights.
-Another thing you may want to consider are the body hugging styles, I find these work to flatter bustier girls because they nip in at the waist instead of hiding it.
-Think about the colours as well, if you wear lighter colours, it will look bigger, while darker colours will look smaller, the great jewel tones that are in are wonderful as they will make things appear smaller!
-Don't forget about hair. a loose high bun will add height (not too smooth or it may make you look a little odd). While leaving long hair down is a slimming look.
-Also you can add heels, Sky high and chunky are still having a moment and aren't as hard to walk in as other styles.

I think the best make-up you can wear with this is a slick of bright lipstick, perfect to polish it off and finish your look.

Ultimately the trick is to counterbalance, if you wear something baggy on top, be sure to bring your look back to flattering with something slim fitting on the bottom!

I hope I've given you some help on how to navigate this trend! Let me know how you style it.


Sources: ASOS, Wildfox Couture & Lipsy

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget