Saturday 10 March 2012

How to make your eyes brighter

Eyes are one of the features that we notice first on each other, but unfortunately because of their fragility they're also the first to show when you're tired, and the first to age.
There's a few tricks you can employ to make your eyes pop, making them sparkle will lift up your whole look. These are just some quick cosmetic tricks, nothing will still beat good sleep and an effective skincare routine in the long term.

Eye Drops: When I went to an optometrist late last year to get some new specs and lenses I didn't expect him to comment on how dry my eyes are. Have you ever thought about how dry yours are? So I started using eye drops regularly and it's improved not only the moisture, but I look and feel more awake if I have used them in my morning routine. This step can go quite nicely with my saving time routine post from a few months back. It's a little tricky to learn to apply them but as with anything practise makes perfect, it's also a trick they use backstage on models. I'd recommend asking someone at your local pharmacy too recommend eye drops for your needs.

White eye pencil: While it can be hard to find one that will last all day and go the distance, this is one beauty booty product that I don't mind touching up throughout the day. Just lining the inner rim of your eyes will help make them completely pop and give you more of a doe-eyed Zooey Deschanel eye shape, find me someone who isn't startled by and adoring of her eyes!

Pop!

Opposite complementary colours: Back in art class we learnt all about how opposite colours work with each other to make the other colour stand out. This can easily be applied to your eyes too by using eye-shadows and liners. Make up Brand Almey has a range specifically created for this theory, with the idea that blue eyes suit brown shadows, brown suit purples, etc. they also have kits that follow the same colours as your eyes to complement eyes too, but for real  "Notice me!" eyes I'd recommend the Intense i-color satin-i kits. Just select the kit that is recommended for your eye colour and give it a try.

Almey Intense i-color satin-i kits

The colour wheel


Have you ever tried these ideas before? What do you find works for you?

Sources: Go4celebrityAlmey

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget