Thursday 8 March 2012

Would you wear it? The novelty trend

Here we go kids, the trend of the season that makes me shake my head in wonder at how on earth do they expect the everyday girl to translate this into everyday wearable style? Novelty.
Firstly, what is novelty? Apparently it's what you get when you put Tavi Gevinson in charge of designing a collection, (or so I read) and it somehow trickles down into mass market. We're expected to start sporting sunglasses shaped like ice-cream cones with purses shaped like fruit ... No... really? No.
I remember baulking a few seasons ago at Prada's banana print shirts and skirts and hoping like hell it wouldn't take off, it didn't work. It's times like these I wonder if the fashion industry is having a giggle somewhere at the lengths we'll go to to be in fashion.
There are some cuter elements to it though, I have recently snapped up a sweater printed with little fox heads from Jay Jays, but don't really plan on wearing it about town too much, it's too cosy as a lounge about the house item. Possibly some kitschy earrings would go down well too? But I draw the line at all the smilie faces and neon colours. No one looks good in neon. No one looks good in something printed with fruits either.
So, from me that's a yes to Fox print sweaters:


And a rather loud and resounding NO to fruit anything.

(Lol, Watermelon skirt)

So what do you think of this trend? Do you think you could pull it off? What have you bought?

Sources: Jay Jays  & ASOS

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget