Sunday 15 April 2012

Tip of the day: Jeans with a tight waistband

I feel it's been far too long since I dished out some advice.
Back early last year I stood on the scales and had finally reached the weight that was my limit. I had to do something about myself before I just let myself go completely. I was barely fitting into half my clothes for one, and that was probably my biggest problem, I couldn't afford to get any bigger. But I did learn some tricks to extend my wardrobe.
This is a trick that comes in handy for girls who have the perfect pair of jeans, that fit everywhere but the waist. They just dig in unflatteringly and give you a dreaded muffin top, but your legs and butt look so good!
Put them back on the shelf right? I say no. If they really are that good it could be worth giving them a chance.
For one thing, you can take them to a tailor and get them to fix the waistband for you. There may be enough fabric in the band to move the button over. Otherwise there is a budget friendly trick you can use with just a hair elastic.
Double a thin hair elastic over itself and loop it through the button hole to create a new button hole, like so.


To cover up the adjustment, don't tuck in your top and wear a belt, you may find that you'll need one to help hold the jeans up now anyway!

What advice do you have to help extend your wardrobe? I'd love to know!


Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget