Sunday 30 September 2012

Tip of the day: Applying Liquid Foundation


Over time I've come to learn that different strokes work for different folks, and this is especially true when it comes to liquid foundations. There are a stack of reasons to use either your fingers, sponges or brushes, and ultimately it all depends on you as the individual. Here are some notes for each method.

Fingers:
  • The warmth from your fingers help make your foundation blend on your face easier.
  • Easier to work around your nose for a better finish.
  • Uses less product then other methods.
  • The acidity in your fingertips can sometimes alter the colour of your foundation.
  • Effective for lighter coverage but less so for fuller coverage.
  • Quick application.
  • I find it easier to hide pores with my hands
  • Free! They come already attached.

Sponges:



  • Easier to blend with then a brush.
  • Comes in different shapes depending on the job to do.
  • Soaks up foundation.
  • Can carry bacteria if washed infrequently.
  • Need replacing more frequently then other tools.
  • Inexpensive, you can buy bags of these without forking over much money.

Brushes:



  • Creates a gorgeous airbrushed look with ease.
  • Last forever if properly taken care of.
  • Stippling brushes are better to work with then flatter foundation brushes in my opinion.
  • Can be hard to use around nose edges.
  • Can be expensive.
  • Fun! I personally love painting my foundation on.

A good trick to remember with all three of these methods is to apply your foundation to the back of your hand to warm it up before application, the product will go further and look more like skin. The method I use the most would be my stippling brush, followed briefly by my fingers to smooth over any problem areas like around my nose.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget