Friday 21 October 2011

Why I'll never shop there ...

Wow, ever have one of those shopping moments where an assistant puts you off ever shopping there again? In this current retail climate where stores are fighting to compete with online retailers, you would hope that they assistants would at least be polite. Not always the case.
Don't get me wrong, more often then not I find places have amazing customer service. But it can be that one bad egg that outs me off ever shopping there again, and I mean ever.
This afternoon on an adventure to see what goodies I can score in Myer Brisbane, I happened to walk past a skincare brand's Promo girl, You know promo people, they always lead with 'Hello, how are you?' To drag you into checking out their wares. So she tried it on me and I respond with the two words I know stop a promo person in their tracks 'No thanks.' She turned around and snapped 'I didn't offer you anything!' I know the words look harmless written down, but the tone she used snarled with 'well fuck you bitch' undertones.
I just kept walking, but I wanted to turn around and challenge her to deny that she wasn't about to ask me to sample whatever she was handing out.
I had another bad experience with a girl at a clothing store, who refused to listen to a problem I had or take my details down to give to her manager when she came back from lunch. I ended up coming in another day and telling the manager what happened and had the problem solved smoothly. But the damage was done, and I have never shopped in that particular store again. Of course I still shopped for the label elsewhere, the clothes are just too cute not to buy. I later found out that the problem assistant was fired for having too many similar incidents with customers.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget