Sunday 26 February 2012

Product review: Veet Wax Strips with Easygrips

I have no problems admitting that I am one of the unlucky ones that includes hair removal as a major part of my beauty routine. It's just part and parcel with being a pale-skin-with-dark-features beauty. Shaving just doesn't do the trick but will work as a stop gap in Summer when I want to wear that skirt today, but ultimately, waxing and my epilator are my true year round fail-safes.
Wax strips are too damn easy to say no to just because they're much less messy then ye olde wax pots. Veet strips are the most commonly available ones and used to be pretty awesome to use, before they created the stupid 'easygrip's.
You see, you used to be able to use them over and over with little worry. The wax would gradually warm and spread about the strip without going too close to the edges. Hell, at my most thrifty I think I managed to use one pair of strips to do half a leg. But now because of the extra tab on one side, the chance of creating a mess on the other end is too high and I find myself going through strips much quicker. The direction you rub the strip in drags it a little each time, bringing the wax to the edge and before you could flip the strips around easily. Not anymore.


Despite this, the formulas are still great and effective with a nice range for dry, sensitive and other skin types, and they all come with finishing oil wipes to help remove excess wax once you're done. That hasn't changed, and that's still great.
I'm really hoping they bring back the old style soon, because I'm just not impressed. I feel that they've ruined a product that was great to start with, with a gimmick that makes them more profitable.

Veet EasyGrip Wax Strips Sensitive formula.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget