Thursday 16 February 2012

Bake it! White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies


Something a little different to read.


I made these up for a friend of mine who mentioned that you really can't go wrong with them, It was her Birthday on Thursday and I stupidly forgot that she wasn't coming in to work that day. Silly me, she had told me last week. They were enjoyed none the less by everyone else, especially my boss who ate a quarter of them himself before I had to tell him to share! I couldn't find a recipe in my books so I mangled one I already knew.
Follow the jump for the method!

Makes 24 cookies

You will need:
A family sized block (250gm) of real white chocolate (no compound chocolate!) chopped into chunks*
150gm raw macadamia nuts, chopped into rough quarters*
115gm butter
200gm caster sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
200gm plain flour
1/2 tsp bi carb soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
*You can alter these amounts a little with no problem.

Preheat the over to 190 C (375 F), for a non fan forced oven.
Beat the sugar and butter together until  a bit past combined but not by any means fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
Sift the dry ingredients over the butter mixture and beat until combined. Fold the macadamias and chocolate in at the end until combined.
Roll into equal sized balls (I find it easiest to split the mix into half, then quarters and go from there).
Flatten balls onto baking sheet lined with paper with at least 5cm (2") between each ball.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Leave to cool on the flat surface or they will flop.

Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place for up to 5 days.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget