Tuesday 27 December 2011

Boxing day 2011 sales wrap up

So I shopped, and shopped, and shopped some more, what else would you expect of me really? Here's what I thought, there will be posts later of what I bought, but I'm pleased with my bargains. I didn't post yesterday purely out of exhaustion. I shopped, til I dropped.
One of the things every one who worships at the alter of the credit card needs to experience in their lives is to be in the crunch of people waiting to get into Myer or David Jones on boxing day. Hilariously the news-people filmed the outside entrance where no one really lined up, while people were milling around the indoors entrance to Myer for a good hour before it opened. I know, because I bypassed the crowd and went to find other shops that were open instead! Kind of disappointed they weren't open before 9, but I found early bird bargains elsewhere too.

In the city and Carindale I went to the following:

Dotti: Picked up some cute gear from their gift table, but other then that they have some good mark downs on clothing, good to refresh your wardrobe for summer.
Lorna Jane: Finally! I stalk Lorna Jane for cheap clothes because I can never quite justify the full price. Not as large a markdown as I like but still a lot more affordable with tights and older collections getting a good price chop. Full piece Malia Swimsuit for half price? Yup, nice one.
Forever New: Also good for having a pick over their gift table, I wanted one of the gorgeous bird print suitcases but they hadn't been marked down *sadface* my god wouldn't that have been fun to lug around during sale time!
Myer: The big one, it's certainly best to go to the first day of sales for Myer because they have all kinds of extra one day only sales on top of the rest of their specials. Gift packs were awesome, but in my opinion the clothing sale will only get better so I'll come back with fresh eyes after new years.
Sportsgirl: I didn't actually think they were going to improve on their pre-Christmas sale but I was wrong, They had all sale items marked down an extra 30%, and added all their gift-ware too, very nice. Though my experience was sullied by the occurrence I have noted in the last paragraph ...
Diva: Disappointment of the day, but I suppose I'm so used to the epic boxing day sales they normally have that this seemed really sub-par. I think barely a fifth of their stock was marked down, and none of it was the decent stuff, just what was marked down a few months back (I lie, they did add their Christmas gift stock). I seems that all they really did was stick up sale signs. No purchase.
Lovisa: Have marked down more of their stuff, there's some good stuff if you have a trawl, different stuff has been marked down compared to the recent sale so it's worth a look.
Alannah Hill: No real difference to pre-Christmas, but there's still lots of stock available. I think they'll have to mark down further if they want to move it by February.
David Jones: Impressive, lots of good solid mark downs, but lots of stuff that gets wheeled out for every sale too. If you keep to the shelves there's some good bargains. I noted that in among the Mimco handbags they had marked down bags that weren't on sale in the Mimco shops.
Mimco: Not a big improvement on prior to Christmas at all really, they say they've added more stock to the sale but I couldn't tell.
Peter Alexander: The one store I took a look at, look at the throng of people shopping and went 'F this!' and fled. Must've been good! Lol. I think I'll be shopping that sale from the safety of my armchair. Looking online it is good, Peter are known for having sales rarely, but when they do, they're epic.
Target: Faithful, well stocked Target. Good savings across the store, I had a good look at homewares, clothes and leftover Christmas decorations, alas, no fairy lights still available @_@. I recommend having a look at kitchen drapery, and classic clothing items,

One last point for anyone, for the love of god, leave your kids at home! (supervised of course, what are grandparents for?) I spotted one little girl in absolute tears because her mother had ditched her out the front of Sportsgirl because the girl had reached the end of her patience for following mum around all day. And FFS(!) it's fun enough trying to haul your shopping around without having to dodge people with strollers who think they have right of way!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget