Wednesday 21 November 2012

Rimmel BB 9 in 1 Cream Review

BB Cream by Rimmel

So I picked this up in store the other day, because the one thing I really need in my bathroom is another BB cream (Ha!) but for the price, I couldn't bring myself to say no.
What stood out for me most in the advertising would have to be that it has the highest SPF out of all the BB creams that I've seen on the market, at SPF 25 you get a level of protection that is usually reserved for products that are designed only to protect you from the sun, and not improve your appearance instantly.
Another point that I like about this product from Rimmel over others is the shade range. Yes it's only three but that's still more then other ranges, and the light is actually light! It works on my pale porcelain skintone and may even work in Winter when my skin goes completely void of colour.
The claims are that this product is 9 in 1 which is a very impressive number of tasks to roll into just one product. The list is that this product Primes, Moisturises, Minimises Pores, Conceals, Covers, Smooths  Mattifies, Brightens and helps Protect. for me, I could say that it does most of these, but I'd say it has more of a dewy finish then a mattifying one, but that's good for those who want that finish. Also conceal and cover are kind of the same thing to me...
Texture wise I found it a lot like zinc sunblock, it took a bit of work to spread, and you had to work quickly with the product before it began to set, but once you had waited a few minutes afterwards it was quite immovable.
My ultimate test with BB creams is whether the coverage is good enough to not need foundation afterwards, and I'm glad to say that this did the job nicely, I still put some powder on afterwards as the dewy finish doesn't work for long with my oily skin.

Of course I accidentally deleted the picture I took of the close up swatch spread on the back of my hand ...

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget