Tuesday 6 November 2012

Bringing some modesty to Sheer and Bustier Fashion

It's a beautiful day when two fashion not-quite-right items come together to make a really wearable outfit. Take these two fashion forward trend items -sheer tops and crop tops, otherwise known as bustiers- on their own they just aren't something I think I could get away with, let alone a lot of the population. No one really wants to see my belly out on the street, and I don't want to display most of my bras to the world either.
So we combine the two together.

My fly totally wasn't undone in these photos...
Dolly Bustier - Sportsgirl
Sheer Shirt - Dotti
Shorts - Sass & Bide, similar available here

Brocade Skirt - Ally

It's hard to see, but this is what I had on underneath.

The crop top makes it more modest because that's not actually my bra on show, while the sheer top provides the cover over my belly I'd crave if I wore a crop on its own.
It's really easy to play with this look too. If you're feeling more daring and have THE body to show off, feel free to undo a few buttons or even tie your shirt over the top of your crop. there's also a massive amount of bustiers out there, that can fall into Tribal, Neon, or Pastel trends. Shop around, find a cut that suits your bra size and you can't go wrong.

Win win!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget