Saturday 3 November 2012

Loving this week - Travel Totes, Owls and Deco Style

I think it's time to take back some of my old favourite post styles and revive them into regular columns, starting with a weekly round up of things that I'm completely in love with!


I like to think I travel a lot, but not as much as I'd like to. Being mama to a couple of kitties does impede on my ability to pack up and go somewhere for the weekend! But house-sitters are a saviour.
I am a great fan of good overnight bags, not just for luggage but for everyday use when I need something huge to haul around all of my gear for work and study. I spotted this amazingly beautiful and functional Raja Travel Tote by Mimco and knew I wanted it. It's expandable, has a detachable cross body strap and comes in a shade of go-with-everything tan with a pop of yellow detailing. Want. Now.


I'm still a sucker for a cute little owl and  I was in desperate need of a smaller vase as well, (I can only go for so long using items like jars and jugs to house flowers!) How cute is this little guy! He also comes in gold and is petite enough for smaller arrangements, he's also pretty damn adorable sitting round on his own. You can pick him up at Dotti stores in the selection of gift ideas they've sourced for Christmas.


I need to find a dress for my (Office) day job's Christmas Party. Something that's fun, on trend but that doesn't flash too much, I do need to look these people in the eye on Monday morning! In these cases it's prudent to follow the classy old style rules, show off either your bust or your legs, never both (and even then, don't be trashy, no one wants to see your knickers when you bend over!) and select something that flatters yourself. I love Lipsy for a good party dress, and I adore this option, the Deco styling of the frock  echoes with Great Gatsby trend, and if I wanted to style it a different way I could wear a different skirt over the top for another occasion.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget