Wednesday 10 October 2012

Tip of the day: Mistake proof nail art

Perhaps I should start this post off by explaining that I had my first ever Shellac Manicure and Pedicure last weekend. I am impressed, I'm rough and tumble with my hands and often have chips within a day of my nails drying, but more then a week later, nope nada, not a chip in sight. Perfect nails!
Mistake proof nail art may be a slight exaggeration, but it's only a slight one. When I started out doing designs on my nails I made more of a mess of my nails then successes, and to clean any errors was so painstaking or I'd have to take the entire nail of polish off. This is a much easier method.
This is where the Shellac comes into play. To avoid having to take off your entire nail of art when you make a mistake, get a base of Shellac applied. This trick works because Shellac requires more then a bit of elbow grease to get off, (In fact they recommend you only have professionals remove it in salon) and you can change your art however often you like. I decided to get a dark purple colour on my nails, I did a gorgeous galaxy nail over the top, then removed that after a few days and applied some nail stamping with my MLS 301 plate.

Now you see it

Now you don't

Oh Hai ice-cream and lightning!

It's worth noting that glitter is even more of a pain to remove with this idea though, because you're still trying to remove it without damaging the Shellac underneath. 

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget