Monday 8 October 2012

Rosehip Oil really is the Beauty Bomb

A little while ago I told my readers that I was trying Rosehip Oil, to see if all the claims of its fabulous abilities to create awesome skin were true. Truth be told, I'm actually really impressed and a little surprised by the results.
I used it nightly for the last three months or so, just at night time as I found it didn't help my make-up stay on, quite the opposite in fact. I've been applying three or four drops in a light circular motion over my face and neck but avoiding the eye area for obvious reasons, following with a night cream and then going to bed for the night.

Trilogy Rosehip Oil, the product I tried.

What did I notice different? My skintone is now pretty incredible, to the point where I'm much less afraid to go without make-up, (Yes, it has actually improved that much.) I have had problems with acne, oil, and redness with my face since I went through puberty, and while the Rosehip Oil didn't clear up the oiliness, it didn't make it worse. It didn't give me more acne either which was one of my bigger fears. Where it has stood out and done something incredible is for my Rosacea. The flaky skin I get around my nose has been a blip on the radar while using this product instead of hanging around for weeks on end. The ruddy redness and uneven skintone on my face, especially around my nose has been reduced and I even think my pores are clearer too. My skin feels plumper and younger, more glowy and just yum.

To me the positives beyond outweigh the minor things I didn't like. I had a problem initially with the unavoidable fact it's an oil, and I myself already posess verrrry oily skin. When this is the case you can form a stigma against using products with oils, but that's a thought that is very quickly crashing down with the advent of amazing oils like rosehip and some glorious cleansing oils on the market too.
My only real gripe is that the smell isn't pleasant  I wouldn't actually mind a little fragrance so it didn't smell like salad dressing, I was hoping for a lovely rose scent when I first opened the bottle, but instead I smelt dinner. Luckily the smell doesn't stick around for long though but the gorgeous skin does!
Consider it added to my friends presents this Holiday season.

What are your thoughts on Rosehip oil? Have you thought about using it? 

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget