Thursday 20 December 2012

The Quick Drying Faux Glow Advantage - Le Tan Tanning Gel

Tanning is something I used to do a lot of while I was in Fashion School, I had a strange perception of what was a healthy size back then as the vast (VAST!) majority of classmates were a size 10 or under. I felt huge in my then smaller size 12-14 frame. I used to give myself a little self esteem by at least having a great fake tan. It's something I haven't done in a few years, but at least I have a great array of new products to try!

Le Tan Tanning Gel in Bronze (Product does not come with mitt)

One of the first I purchased is Le Tan's Tanning Gel in Bronze, being pale skinned and a novice again I didn't want to try the deeper tone. What particularly drew me to this product is that because it's a gel, it dries fast and works better with oily skin. All the better to defeat that icky product coated feel you can get with creams.

It's a clear formula with only a hint of the colour that's to come, This is fantastic when you're trying to keep the colour off your clothes and sheets but very problematic when it comes to knowing where you have applied the Tanning Gel. This can be alleviated with the use of those great application mitts you can usually find right next to the Tan range at most stockists.


My first impression is great as this is certainly one of the better smelling Tanning products on the market, there's a subtle coconut smell that doesn't start to resemble fake tan until a few hours later. If you pop the gel on just before going to bed, you won't even notice it. The products glides on nicely and there's no need to really works with it, just make sure you have applied it evenly before it quickly dries. As you can deepen the colour by applying a second layer once they first one dries. A big positive is that it won't rub off once it has dried the way that some others can, once its set it's pretty much unstoppable.
With one layer the colour is nice and subtle and hard to pick as fake, but I have to recommend you stop there, if you want to go a little deeper you ought to apply a tanning moisturiser over the top. Two layers of the gel was just too much when I gave it a go. Of course to keep the colour looking as good as possible you need to moisturise at least once a day, twice is ideal.
So in summary:

What I liked about it - 
The quick drying formula and scent.

What I disliked about it - 
Transparent formula.

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it?

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget