Sunday 2 December 2012

Loving this week - Bargain leather goods and Mecca Maxima

December is here and that means I can officially get all Christmas-y without anyone cracking the sads that I'm getting in too early. Hurray for that! I love this time of the year because the weight of the year starts to lift off everyone's shoulders. Even people on the street seem to smile more.
Of course it also means great deals for shoppers too, so I've been pounding the pavement (or carpet in Westfield Carindale's case!)
Colette is a store I haven't paid much attention to, I noticed when suddenly they appeared in almost every mall overnight but I've been afraid that my allergy would prevent me from wearing the jewellery. However I was walking past the store when I saw new posters up talking up their new leather range, Always keen for a leather handbag I had to check them out.


Nice, simple and clean lines are a great first impression to make on the handbags. However, when you look a little closer the top corners of the bag actually clip together internally and form a new bag shape, and a gorgeous one at that! I'm sorry to say I couldn't find any pictures of the alternate way to wear it, but I think it's worth going to the shops and checking them out, it could just be your brand new handbag (and matching wallet!) It also currently comes in other shades of tan, dark blue, and a pinky coral hue.

I'm a little ashamed to admit that I have waited this long to check out the new Mecca Maxima, or any Mecca Maxima in that case! I've been shy. It's like that feeling you get when you see the security guard on the doors of Louis Vuitton or Chanel, sometimes you don't feel brave enough and run away! But after entering I don't know why I felt that way. I almost squealed out loud at some of the cute stuff I found! Heart shaped foam hair rollers anyone? Don't mind if I do ...

Comes in a pack of six

I also picked up some Soap and Glory goodies that I'll talk about after I've given them a go. The tools section was of course unbelievable but the range of hard to find brands is awesome. I'm really glad to see that someone who has the means to has opened up the world of international niche cosmetics to Australians who would otherwise resort to eBay or overpriced international postage. After leaving the store I'm already plotting my purchases for next time in my head.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget