Tuesday 2 April 2013

Hot Denim for this Winter

This is part one of a series of Three, Please check out my post on gorgeous skinny styles for this season too!

Jeans for most girls are the essential wardrobe staple. The ultimate go anywhere, do anything piece of clothing that can make you look fab in seconds. It can be a hard slog finding the right pair but by god when you've found them, you'll wonder what life was ever like without them.
This upcoming season as always there are a plethora of varieties out there and I'm always grateful for this, as it means that there should be something gorgeous for every body type. Here are my picks for the season.



For a few years I've been cuffing the legs of my old faithfuls and they've been cute in their own right, but they just lack the cool slouchy feel that come with the right cut and style. These are really quite flattering to all kinds of body types, even though they sit low on the hip which can be a little confronting after these years of high waisted styles. If in doubt (and they're sliding down your butt) remember that they are supposed to be loose, buy a size bigger because this style will shrink a little in the wash and wear them with a leather low slung belt. I love the look of heels with this style as the cuffs draw attention to anything on your feet, pull out your best statement shoes!

Boyfriend Jeans Denim ASOS Uniqlo Jay Jays


Dungarees (or Overalls as we call them here in Australia) are a little dubious to me but there's no use denying that they're everywhere right now. They're at that critical tipping point where you can't open a magazine without seeing a pair because Alexa Chung and the cool girls are embracing them but I am still yet to see them on the streets here in Brisbane. Heck, I can still remember the last time they were cool. I was 10! To style them it's best to stick to the modern slimline styles otherwise you'll look like you belong on a Dexy's Midnight Runner's Videoclip. Cuff them like boyfriends and follow the same shoe rule as above, (so hot and elongating with heels!) otherwise wear a shorts style with tights. Cute loosely slung tops and singlets are best, anything too tight and babydoll tees are way too much of a throwback.

Overalls Dungarees Shorteralls Boohoo ASOS Topshop

What styles are you looking to add to your wardrobe this year? I personally can't wait to get my hands on my ASOS Boyfriends as featured above!


Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget