Tuesday 7 August 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters

Revlon Lip Butters are a recent addition the the Revlon line of lip products, providing a large range of gorgeous wearable colours in an item that touts the colour of a lipstick with the caring qualities of a balm. Made with Mango, Shea and Coconut butters that amp up your lips moisture levels by 156%*, the formula is a gentle and soft option to wear.
I bought it in two shades to try out, Crème Brulee, a tawny nude colour, and Cherry Tart, the darkest blue red in the range.


Creme Brulee is now my daily if-in-doubt lip product, it doesn't compete with anything, works well with a eye focused look and just adds a little oomph to my lips. For my skin colouring I'm finding it's an ideal nude.


I bought Cherry Tart as well as it matches the shades of red lipstick that suit me the best, it's classy with a classic winged liner. It does come out deeper then this, I'm just hopeless with cameras.

Initially they go on beautifully, right from the tube. I reapply every few hours or so after eating, and when my lips felt a little dry. They are not long lasting formulas by any means but that is a sacrifice I'm willing to make for their soft and non sticky texture. They also bleed after a while so completely removing them and reapplying is sometimes necessary.
The only issues I have with these is that it can be very hard to tell what colour they will turn out like when actually applied, in the tube they are incredibly pigmented, to the point of looking like your normal everyday lippy, but once painted on your lips they are a lot more translucent and subtle. You really have to swatch them before you buy them, but I found that similar colours that work for me in their strongly pigmented guise also worked for me in the lip butters range.

*statistic given on the Revlon.com.au website.

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget