Sunday 12 August 2012

Product Review: Parissa Warm Wax with Strips

Lets face it, this is one of those things that no lady likes to admit to, but I have hair. Shaving just doesn't give me results for long enough to make it worthwhile, so it's only effective in a bind. Because of my European ethnicity I have dark hair, noticeable hair, and it grows rather quickly too, 3-4 weeks between waxes? Yay.
Because of this frequency I find it beyond expensive to do all of my hair removal at a salon ($120+ per month to get my legs, arms and lady parts done? And even more expensive to get a good job done??Yeesh!) So DIY is certainly the way to go.
This brand is one that I've only seen recently so I thought I'd give it a try, Parissa are a Canadian brand started 25 years ago, for that longevity, they have to be doing something right! With an emphasis on using natural ingredients and keeping as many nasties out of their formulas as possible, they have a stong social resposibility that they are proud to uphold.
Also no animal testing!


This is the variety I tried if you want to pick some up yourself.

Kit contents

The Kit I bought was the Warm Wax kit with strips which is the style that you slather on with a spatula tool, smooth a strip of cotton paper over and then zip off again. I find this technique to be quicker then the strips that come pre waxed.
The product itself come with a complete kit of everything you'll need to get the job done, the wax, strips, spatulas, instructions and Azulene oil, You need the oil to get rid of any excess wax after the job is finished but it doubles as an excellent post wax treatment to soften and protect your skin from any post waxing problems like ingrowns and rashes.

After using the wax on my legs I'd have to say I'm happy with it, the smell is not offensive, it warms up quickly in the microwave to a good consistency, is easy to work with, and it does what it's supposed to do. Afterwards, the only thing left were the odd barely-out-of-my-skin hairs and gorgeously exfoliated and smooth legs. the strips work well, and the Azulene oil was a great finisher.
There isn't a whole lot of product that comes in the kit, I used up half of it on my calves alone, but I think that's fine for the price. If you are going to be doing a big job in one go, it might be worth buying a few kits though.
The other thing worth noting is that the wax is incredible. It was sticking to everything and it doesn't wash off with water, water just makes it more sticky! lol. The oil removes it but you still want to be very careful and even lay down newspapers over your work area, even if you are quite experienced at waxing. All the better to grip your hair with! I wound up with newspaper sticking to me, but better that then the carpet.
In the end I would recommend the Parissa Warm Wax Kit to anyone who likes to work with strip wax, it's easy to spread, highly effective at gripping hair and ultimately, as I've found a problem with some others, it does what it's supposed to do!

Have you tried any of Parissa's range? Tell me what you thought!

Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget