Wednesday 8 May 2013

Daiso now open in Myer Centre Brisbane

I am very pleased to inform you all of an amazing chain of stores that has arrived to Australia and have just made their way to Brisbane. (Topshop, I'm still waiting.) Daiso Japan are a unique concept, while you may think you have seen every form of reject and two bob shop around, They aren't anywhere near as epic as this.
The main shtick of the stores is that everything they sell is the meager price of $2.80 AUD. I described it to friends this week as a store you will find almost every knick-knack you would see in a house. After visiting it over the weekend, I wasn't disappointed.
The place was completely humming with people but I spent a good hour trawling the shelves. what I love about it is the authentic Japanese variety of goods dispersed in a range of everyday Westerner items. Double eyelid tape next to eyelash curlers, Traditional Tabi socks, Pocket sandwich makers next to Pasta spoons.
Topped off with the cute manner that Japanese gets translated into English all over the product labels and you have an entire store brimming with stuff to make you smile. I recommend picking up everything you don't quite understand and having a read of what they do, some of them are pretty nifty.

Check out what I hauled after the Jump!


Daiso Screen Protector Film
An important necessity for anyone with a gadget that gets hauled around a lot, screen protectors custom made for your toy can set you back upwards of $10 in electronics stores. Often you impulsively buy them at the same time too, grab one of these instead, cut it down to size and pocket the difference!

Daiso Fruit Kitchen Sponges Serving Tray Hearts Chopsticks
Cute kitchen goodies! How totally adorable are these kitchen sponges? The tray is printed with little hearts and the reusable chopsticks are going to be great for the Asian take away lunches favoured at my day job.

Daiso Cotton tips tissues face cleanser exfoliator
Some booty for the bathroom. A gorgeously girly tub of Cottontips, 12 Pursepacks of Tissues and two face cleansing tools, one of them being a soft, face-washer type material and the other being 100% silk exfoliating buds that you moisten, then cap onto your fingertip to then wipe over your face. I was curious!

daiso false eyelashes storage case

I have to admit that I bought the False Eyelash storage case thinking it would be a little more sturdier then it is, but I can't wait to try the lashes, they have a wide variety of styles from basics to full on.

Daiso hair ties

Also, I bought these hair band ties out of curiosity and now I'm not quite sure how to use them! If anyone could let me in on the secret I'd love to know! They came in stacks of colours and there was quite a collection, this may well be the only item that didn't come with an explanation on how to use them.

Have you got a Daiso store near you? What's your favourite thing they stock?



Share this post?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
×
bloggerWidget